Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a beautiful 1943 Husqvarna. I can't help myself from just playin' with it a bit and was cycling some of those Swedish Dummy's (with the green bullets) thru the gun. I noticed that I am regularly having the exact same problem that Eric has at the 0:19 second mark in this video:

Every time I (dry) fire the safety jumps up and about 1 in 5 times it slips into the notch on the cocking piece, jamming up the bolt.
Has anyone else experienced this and found a remedy to it?

Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Timmct,

That seems like a guy who had:

1) A mauser with no bevel cut into the safety, which he did himself (apparently)

2) Didn't realize that you can't apply the safety on nearly all mausers when they are de-cocked

3) Also didn't understand the differences between a 98 mauser and 93 mauser, and though there were missing parts on his Chilean 1985 bolt.

The problem I'm having is very simple, and I feel as though is adequately described above. I haven't seen anyone else describe having this problem, let alone finding a solution. The only place I've ever seen it until I got this rifle is that one time, in that one video.

Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had a few of mine that would jump like that. I just put a dab of some heavy lube on the safety shaft that goes into the shroud. I think it was lucas red and tacky but I think some saved old cosmoline would work too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts