Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few of the Polish made Mausers that came out of Spain in the 1960s. A few years ago (maybe 10 years) Mauserdad and I were shooting and I pulled one out to warm it up only to find it was missing its firing pin. Now I cannot recall which one of my rifles was the one missing the firing pin. I pulled the one I suspect needs repair only to find the safety is jammed in the fire position. It cannot be forced upward so I cannot take the bolt down. Any tips how to get the bolt apart or force the safety up? I hate to use a lot of force but I am thinking about using a padded wrench to try to force the safety up so I can take the bolt down. My experiences with using force on small arms have been, well, poor. So, before I force the issue is there a trick I am missing?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Mike ; If the bolt is all there - cockpeice ?. You can use vice grips for example to grab the cockpeice and pull it back then rotate the safety. If you have no cockpeice then your safety is either rusted or bent in place in the bolt sleeve.An improper fit between the cam surfaces on the cockpeice and safety are the usual culprit.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Use the edge of a hard surface table to apply pressure on the cocking piece notch on the bottom. Push downward with the entire bolt and at the same time attempt to move the safety to safe. More than likely it's the cocking piece that needs changed, may be nothing wrong with it, just doesn't jive tolorance wise with the other parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.