Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
What bothers me are the details of these possible laws. We have to wait to see what they are. I am like many others here with a few loaded guns about and also a couple guns that I am doing things to such as mounting optics to new slides and trigger work.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My "Guns" are "safely stored".
They're chained with a honkin' bug hardened chain, secured with 2 whopping big (combination, no keys & only I know the 2 separate combinations) padlocks to a freaking great reloading bench, I built myself (that won't exit the door to the room) because its securely bolted (Glued & screwed together with Carriage bolts with the nuts epoxied to the threads of the securing nuts) by High security specialty bolts!
No you can't remove them from the rack.
Now what?
View attachment 3988505
Couldn't you just lift those guns out from behind that chain? Not sure that's going work the way you have it. Should run the chain through the trigger guards. Or was this meant in jest?

·
Registered
18,139 Posts
Couldn't you just lift those guns out from behind that chain? Not sure that's going work the way you have it. Should run the chain through the trigger guards. Or was this meant in jest?
Nope! I designed a Built it with just that possibility in mind. None of them can be removed (except by me, because I have both of the cmbinatiions in my mind).
Look t the layout FIRST FFS.
Then comment. Please!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Nope! I designed a Built it with just that possibility in mind. None of them can be removed (except by me, because I have both of the cmbinatiions in my mind).
Look t the layout FIRST FFS.
Then comment. Please!
Here it is and I have looked and do not see how it is so well secured. I see but one yellow chain. Is there another chain or device for securing the guns in that rack. It is no real big deal and how you secure what is yours is your own business.
I assume the yellow chain is steel and not all yellow plastic .
Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun accessory Air gun

·
Banned
143 Posts
I worked too hard and spent a lot of money to acquire all the guns I have just to have them lay around in my home unsecured so that some low life(s) break into my home and have easy pickings to my collection. which is why I bought a safe the same time I bought my first gun, to secure my collection.
I worked too hard and spent a lot of money to acquire all the guns I have to not have them displayed nicely on my Man Cave walls so that future generations can come into my home and enjoy my collection which is why I built a 400 sq. ft. shop to display my collection.

·
Registered
18,139 Posts
If you look more closely you'll see they can not be pried, slid, bent or lifted out, with that chain in that position. That's why I chose to put it there! You would have to cut the hardened eyes, padlock hasps or chain or chainsaw the bottom section..
Only a simpleton would use a plastic chain.
Its hardened steel the plastic coating is just to protect the finish.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,235 Posts
A nut case doesn't need a gun. And if you think he does - look up one Don Davis of Nacogdoches, TX and perhaps have your neighborhood necromancer call up the spirit of his victim. Who was beaten and stomped and had his penis ripped off (using his bare hands - hysterical strength) by Mr. Davis (a medically retired USAF 1LT) during a psychotic episode.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
A nut case doesn't need a gun. And if you think he does - look up one Don Davis of Nacogdoches, TX and perhaps have your neighborhood necromancer call up the spirit of his victim. Who was beaten and stomped and had his penis ripped off (using his bare hands - hysterical strength) by Mr. Davis (a medically retired USAF 1LT) during a psychotic episode.
There is a classic kata in Karate where that is one of the movements.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
My guns are safely stored at the bottom of the bay after that tragic boating accident.

·
Registered
18,139 Posts
19° 50′ 9″ N, 66° 45′ 16″ W
Right next to a dirt bike, on top of a white a Fiat Uno & a Durst M5/8 color printer.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
How my property is stored inside my home is my business. Any break in is a crime and that is where the government should be concerned.

Webley
Exactly what I've been saying all along. However, there are lawmakers(read Dems), who think that simply locking your doors isn't enough, and you should be held liable, should your firearms not be stored the way they see fit. I say why is a break in not crime enough to put a burgler away for a while. Why should the law abiding gun owner be made to share in that crime?

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,235 Posts
How my property is stored inside my home is my business. Any break in is a crime and that is where the government should be concerned.

Webley
Agree. But must confess that i figure a felon will take what he finds, so my good stuff (including the Librarian's jewelry) has protection in addition to the locked doors and windows in case of a felon busting in while nobody is home. If he/she/it does it while somebody is home, the villain is likely to still be there when the cops and ambulance arrive.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I've got a big problem with this when a criminal breaks in, steals your gun, then commits a crime with it. Then you get investigated and held partially liable if your storage methods don't fall in line with whatever the law might say. This is the case in Great Britain. Even though the act of breaking in by the criminal should absolve you of any wrongdoing, if this kind of crap becomes law, simply locking your doors won't be enough, and that is wrong, very wrong. .

21 - 40 of 92 Posts