Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I think the Tiger was from Friedman and Lauterjung.
Another old, larger maker who, like F. Herder, survived the war as a cutlery maker by doing the Nazi knives, bayonets, etc.

Scores of high-quality smaller makers disappeared by 'reassignment' and the leveling of Solingen.

·
Registered
368 Posts
As others have said $1000 is way overpriced. The tiger has a mismatched scabbard since they never mixed chrome and nickle silver fittings. And for some reason Tigers are looked down upon by some so I would pass.

The Herter looks to be all early all original dagger and I don't see how it is ill fitted. The grip does overhang a little on one side but it might be a fix as easy as loosening the handle and repositioning the grip slightly. The wood inletting for the crossguard looks very tight so it is not a parts dagger. Unfortunatly the blade has been buffed. It would be my pick if the blade condition doesn't bother you and the price is right. I have never seen an early maker marked SA dagger in any condition for under $400 but there is a big difference in price depending on where you live.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.