Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gentleman I know at my local military surplus store is offering to sell me an S.A. Dagger with the sheath and hanger for $350. He says it is an original dagger,and I have agreed to look at it. However, given the large number of fakes out there, what should I look for to assure it's authenticity, and furthermore, is 350 a good price? I mostly do k98s and their bayonets, but a nice RZM SA/SS leader's would go nicely with my ww2 German collection.

·
Registered
628 Posts
$350 is a great price considering they fetch over 700 on fleabay..

As far as fakes go, check for fit as most fakes are cheaply made & have loose fitting grips, blades sometimes wobble, etc... Fakes are also often either too light, or too heavy.

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
I came across an SA yesterday at a show for $350. Its basically a price that it a bit harder to come across today though. There are lots of SA's in the $700 range, mint/rare markers. The typical one in typical condition doesn't really get that though.

If it interests you and it's in nice condition/you're willing to pay the price its probably worth it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update- I took a look at the dagger, and was well, extremely depressed by what I saw- The Blade had been sharpened numerous times over the years and the moto had been ground/buffed? off. Decided to pass almost immediately. Very sad. It would have been a nice dagger if Bubba hadn't of gotten to it and tried to turn her into a hunting knife/ letter opener. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.