Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a 1943 dated receiver as far as SN#1674628. It also has the SA-52 stamping on rear receiver flat behind rear sight. The barrel is SA 3-52. All parts are SA..walnut stock and handguards..circle P and DCM cartouches. Nice bore and metal. Downside..op rod has a funky rear lower tab that wants to slightly pull away from receiver when charged...causing a bind. Will look for a replacement op rod.

View attachment 8836

View attachment 8837

View attachment 8838

View attachment 8839

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks real nice. I just picked up one from a friend of my son's. I didn't need another M1 but what the heck. It was relatively cheap. He also sold me a 1917 Winchester bayonet and scabbard which will compliment my Model of 1917 Winchester.

·
Registered
248 Posts
How about a DAS instead of DCM cartouche. Nice looking rifle looks to be unused since the 1952 refurb.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes..DAS three stars over eagle..boxed..faint....I stand corrected.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a like new oprod and spring at Knob Creek today..post war SA... $68. Replaced the old oprod which was of the uncut variety. Specde the ME..2+ TE 4.5. I think with some lube it will be a good shooter. Whoever had it before me never lubed it and also never cleaned it.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip...I qualified in 1962 with an M1 Garand so am somewhat familiar. The old op rod has some other issues as far as wear in the area where the bolt lug engages.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I amy still be interested if its something I need and the price is right. I can get it rebulit. If you want to get rid of it cheap send me a pic of the problem area. Thanks

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Well I don't think uncut op rods are that hard to find. They are around , Thats what I wanted it for, a restoration. I fire my rifles with uncut op rods and have had no problems yet. If one cracks its no big deal as they aren't that hard to come buy

·
Registered
604 Posts
Uh, Okay. . . Maybe I should have said that there are more field or factory modified op rods than uncut op rods and they (uncut op rods) command a higher price than cut op rods. And then I could have posted some links to uncut op rods on other forums. But some would see that as trying to butt in on your deal.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Capton no problem, yes the uncut do cost more there is no doubt about it but the price is depedent on what maker and era they are from

·
Gold Bullet member
13,860 Posts
Hey guys. I sent coneten a PM right after his first post that I needed an uncut op rod for my DCM WW2 safe queen rifle that was otherwise correct. Guess he is not interested in saleing. If the rods are so common, where are they? Got any leads. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Mike , tell me what you are looking for and I'll find you one. I never said they were common just not hard to find if you know where to look.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,860 Posts
Thanks to coneten and Orlando. I just need a WW2 era uncut op rod for my safe queen Springfield DCM rifle. Can not remember the serial but it is in the Woody inspection range for stocks. The rest of the rifle appears to be correct. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Don't know if this is the one you need, but not to bad a price http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39663
Also here for $90.00 http://www.dupagetrading.com/whatsnew.htm
Also ask here on the want to buy forum http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/wanted/wanted.pl
Don't get in a hurry there are deals out there on uncut rods. I have paid as little as $80.00 and no more than $120.00 for one I really needed. You will see prices much higher but be patient and you will find what you are looking for at a good price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts