Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone Tell with my smith is worth, I'm thinking of selling it.
Thanks,

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks like a K-22 Combat Masterpiece (pre Model 18) to me, and it looks very nice, at least what I can see of it. Your serial number falls into the range listed in the SCSW as 1953, and I think I see these, without the original box or papers, going for $500 - $600 at the local shows in the high condition your revolver appears to be in. That is a very nice Smith.

I should mention that demand and prices vary by region, and you might check the acution sites for past sales.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I new Here and am wanting to get a guote for insuring my K-22. the S/N is k 68xxx. I belive it was make in 1948. some ware on the cylender on the locking notches, and barrel tip from a hoster. Thanks for the help.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,408 Posts
To try and answer both of your questions. There is a difference between a "selling" price and a "insurance" value.

For a sales price without the box and papers I think a revolver in that condition would sell between $350 and $450.

If I were to insure a similar revolver I would place a value of around $600 on it.

In our last auction we sold two S&W M17 .22 6" revolvers in excellent condition. They sold for $400 and $375

1 - 4 of 4 Posts