Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unlikely as the US has their own rules concerning government issued weapons. I can't imagine any soldier or fed can sell their government issued weapons to civilians in a foreign country?

· Administrator
18,548 Posts
The CS-1s were obsolete as soon as they were procured. The last revolver purchased by our government before all agencies including the Customs Service switched to semi-autos. They were mostly new in the box when they were sold as surplus. I was an FFL dealer at the time and managed to get 4 of them. I kept one for myself and it was the best revolver I ever owned. The action was slick as anything coming out of S&W's custom shop and I had mine mag-na-ported. I also put wood grips on it as I've never been a fan of the rubber grips. I was forced to sell it years later when I needed the money and I have regretted selling it since. If you have the opportunity to buy one and you pass it up I will come over there and haunt you.

· Registered
5,907 Posts
Probably imported into West Germany. Not so unusual as Simpson's LTD had a bunch of re-imported Model 14's worked over as single action only revolvers a couple years back. Good old K-38's. Even have a S&W stamped holster to go with it.Haven't shot it much, however it's greatest claim to fame is that I spotted a cotton mouth while I bush hogging the back section. Since my property abuts a small bayou not unusual to see snakes. Well this one lost his head. Rabits I leave alone. Frank

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably imported into West Germany. Not so unusual as Simpson's LTD had a bunch of re-imported Model 14's worked over as single action only revolvers a couple years back. Good old K-38's. Even have a S&W stamped holster to go with it.Haven't shot it much, however it's greatest claim to fame is that I spotted a cotton mouth while I bush hogging the back section. Since my property abuts a small bayou not unusual to see snakes. Well this one lost his head. Rabits I leave alone. Frank
Do you mean this kind of Model 14?

· Registered
17 Posts
S&W always has over-runs from any particular model. The 686 CS-1 wasn't unique in this regard. Dealers could order these over-runs and I would assume a S&W dealer in Germany ordered some.
The CS-1 came in a 4" barrel and 3" barrel, all were round but and had a black ramp front sight insert. I bought this one new from a dealer in 1987. It's an over-run piece.

Revolver Air gun Tableware Trigger Material property

· Registered
5,907 Posts
One of S&W's dealers got them to make a 3" barreled 24-3 and in 44 special, and was a round butt with combat grips. Lew Horton was the dealer. Their overruns were put on the open market. I got caught by the wife at a gun show buying the 3" 24-3 in blue. Busted, kinda a long quiet trip home. But since they only made a limited number and those that have them aren't turning them loose very soon the prices have escalated to well above what I paid for mine. These were available about 1985-1986. As far as I can remember. Frank

· Silver Bullet member
55,654 Posts
I have 4 in 24-3 and 6 in 24-3 scoped 6 inch
never could snag lew” hide away.
just got ruger 44 so. Too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts