Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was digging thru a box of Estate ammo I've had for a while and re-found this. The box has been opened but was taped shut a long time ago and I didn't want to re-open it yet.

I did some searching and found some info but nothing that would ID these. The box measures approx 2.5 x 2.5 x 1.3 Is "4-56" the mfg date?

Can anyone shed a little light on these or point me to more info?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Copper Bullet member
9,904 Posts
It's .45 ACP ball ammo. The French used a lot of US weapons post-1945, at home, in their African colonies, and especially in Vietnam.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
French 45 Auto

I had some and blew up a pistol with it. The primer didn't light all the powder and the bullet stuck in the throat. It lodged just far enough ahead of the chamber and the case ejected and loaded a new round. Guess what happened. I will never shoot any French ammo again! Disassemble it and use the bullets, junk the powder and cases.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone that's responded. Interesting to know that quality was that good :)

I probably would not have fired it anyway, just trying to identify some more of the stuff that was in this estate.

Thanks again,
Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.