Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snagged this up recently. As far as I know its South African Defense Force. Property mark stamp on the frame and Magazine. Condition is unimproveable, finish is near perfect and original. P1 Marked under the grip, dating it to 1971

Thoughts?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
22 views, no comments... Tough crowd! hahaha

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,450 Posts
Nice South African marks. Where can I get one? :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Star 9mm was standard side-arm issue to officers in the South African Army in 1970's and 1980's. I was in SA army back then. These were very well known in South Africa.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
JohanM, Are you saying the mark shown is in fact representative of the SA army? Do you know if this mark is used today?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't think any of the marks are SA Army marks and , even if so, the same marks would probably not be used in South Africa today for political reasons.

JohanM, Are you saying the mark shown is in fact representative of the SA army? Do you know if this mark is used today?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Thanks, my understanding from several years ago was the mark is from pistols used in Isreal but no factual confirmation of that also.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
That is the point I am trying to clarify....where is that stamp listed as SA or any other organization ? Factual reference please.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Yellow sled, Thanks for the info, I found my mark in the reference material and this clears up and interests me in the history of my pistol. I love to fill in the blanks! Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yellow sled, Thanks for the info, I found my mark in the reference material and this clears up and interests me in the history of my pistol. I love to fill in the blanks! Mike
Hi Sled, I can also confirm that the M in a U is the SA military property mark of the time. You may also find the SA proofmark, a T in Buck horns somewhere on the firearm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts