Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gunshow in Ontario yesterday. Saw a typical RC S/243 1937 with a lovely complete "X" stamped on the top. Shellac with black paint on the disks. Cupped blued buttplate. Typical rough/matte blueing job.

Price? A whopping $550.

I was tempted to ask if the bore was gold plated 24K. LOL

So what's the most outrageous RC price you've seen at gunshows or at gunshops?

I think for $550 this was the most insane RC price I've seen for non SS RC K98s.

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got freaked out by the price of that 1937 since I just recently got an S/243 1938 from gunstore for a mere $295. Walnut stock with Weimar cartouche/laminated handguard. Parts like the triggerguard, front band, bayo lug, mag follower, bolt. rear sight base were all marked WaA280 too so that was extra gravy. Still had the shellac and black paint on the disks. But then again my bore was the typical bore and NOT gold plated 24k like the one above. :D

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all,
Check this out. I just bought a gold plated Sporter!! I got in a bidding battle for this gun hoping that the metal is all matching. The mauser value appreciation is far from over. At least I hope it isn't. I would hate to think that my kids will not get anything for my guns when I pass on in few decades. Or at least until my wife gets a look at my bill from the auction. 3 new mausers on the way!
Here are prices and pics. These things are really addictive!!!
BCD/BNZ 4 sporter $450
DUV42 with sporter barrell but unaltered stock $325
DOT 43 hopefully all matching with damaged stock $140
Nice bcd/bnz dual code there! Me like!

I guess we'll know you've survived your wife when you check back here later huh? :D :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.