Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Söderin Manual for everyone's use. I received a copy via snail mail from Swede and I took the liberty to combine the two manuals that I received. One manual completely in Swedish was indistinguishable to read, which is fine since my Swedish is a little on the very, very rusty side. The other manual, seemed to be written by an Englishman or someone who was familiar in British English language. I liked the format of the English version, but it lacked the visual map of the key parts of the Söderin diopter itself. So, I melded the two versions together and included it.

It is interesting to note that the person who did the original translation did not include part/item (3) in the text at all.

I tried to keep as close to the originals as possible. I've included pics of the MS File for every to use who may need it. The pics will have to suffice for now, but I will see how to include an electronic copy of the file as well. The electronic file is nice, once you print it off, if you duplex the print, you can fold it right down the middle as intended and it will be in "book" format.

Click pictures once to pull them up, and then click again to magnify them to 100%. The pics will open up and the file will "appear" as it should, and not like a bitmap or jpeg that is shrunk down with visible distortion.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Thanks Sean!
Very well done and useable for us all!!
I very much enjoy that you have tried so hard to stick to the original style. My Swedish one is rather beaten up....No problems for me to copy yours as you can see on this pic (compared to my old one).

Regards,
ARILAR:)

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ARILAR,
Can you scan the Swedish version and possibly tell me what item (3) is? I cant make it out in the Swedish manual and the English(British) doesn't mention it.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
The "3" is pointed between the two screws and explained in the Swedish manual like this: "Sikthuset demonteras genom att lossa de två skruvar, som håller den vinkelformade brickan (3), som för övrigt är försedd med text till ledning vid sidjusterings-skruvens vridning).".
The sight-body is demounted by removing the two screws, that holds the angular shaped piece (3), thats BTW. is furnished with text for guidance when turning the windage knob".
Regards,

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great info! Good timing, too. I was planning to replace the Soderin on my CG-63 with a cleaner one I recently picked up from a board member here. This info will be most helpful in setting up the new sight.

Can anyone share any insight into why the Soderin is encountered so much more frequently than the other diopter rear sights like the Elit, GF, etc.?

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was just the most common sight. From that, I would assume it was the most friendly? or most made? or most cheap? or just overall better? I'm sure there were preferences for each shooter and I'm sure there are many varying answers.

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would really like to if people could provide me with the information. I don't have manuals on all the others and I don't have any other sights either. If people were willing to give me the information, pics, etc, I could throw it together in no time.

·
Copper Bullet member
403 Posts
Good job Sean. Nice format and another benefit to the forum.

Don't forget the accessories!!! (from recent ebay auction)

The "3" is pointed between the two screws and explained in the Swedish manual like this: "Sikthuset demonteras genom att lossa de två skruvar, som håller den vinkelformade brickan (3), som för övrigt är försedd med text till ledning vid sidjusterings-skruvens vridning).".
The sight-body is demounted by removing the two screws, that holds the angular shaped piece (3), thats BTW. is furnished with text for guidance when turning the windage knob".
Regards,
Arilar, doesn't the (3) in your photo point to the side plate on the "sight-body" of the Soderin? If so, removing the two screws from it and removing it would not assist in removing the "sight-body" at all. It just gives access to the elevation adjustment mechanism, as shown in the picture below. The two screws that need to be removed are the ones holding the windage assembly to the base. It looks like they have their "angular shaped piece(s)" mixed up???

JK said:
Wonderful job Sean!
Will you possibly be doing ones for other kinds of diopters?
JK, here are the GF and Elit manuals:

For the GF (thanks to Arilar for providing the manual)
(scroll to bottom of post #1)
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?52832-GF-Diopter-Disassembly

For Elit (thanks to swedeadmirer for providing the manual)
(scroll to post #4)
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?31495-Elit-Diopter-Disassembly

metzgeri

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Arilar, doesn't the (3) in your photo point to the side plate on the "sight-body" of the Soderin? If so, removing the two screws from it and removing it would not assist in removing the "sight-body" at all. It just gives access to the elevation adjustment mechanism, as shown in the picture below. The two screws that need to be removed are the ones holding the windage assembly to the base. It looks like they have their "angular shaped piece(s)" mixed up???
The technical stuff is not my strong department....You are probably right. I just made the translation as it is. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.