Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
14,473 Posts
I have shot the Extra Match in my NDM-86 and can tell no major side effects. A Polish shooter who has posted here uses it. The manual says the rate of twist was changed on later models to make the rifles shoot better with heavier bullets.

Bottom line, I would do more research to make sure. You definitely do not want to damage that beautiful and valuable rifle.

· Gold Bullet member
14,473 Posts
The manual definitely says steel cases only. I have done otherwise and have not had a problem. I recommend doing as they say and I will for the most part. The extraction is very forceful and the extractor can pull off the rim portion it contacts. That is not universally a big problem but can cause malfuntions. If that piece of metal gets in the wrong place it could be ugly, like in the bore. The most likely result is a jam as the case may not be extracted or unsuccessfully ejected.

I feel pretty confident using US M118 ammo in the 308. Military brass is mush harder than commercial. That said, again follow the manual and do not do as I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.