Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Only issue is that this rifle isn’t actually a “true” SV-98. It’s got civil production Izhmash Record markings rather than the military SV-98 ones. There are a couple of Izhmash record rifles without scopes for sale on Gunbroker for around $10k... so basically the buyers paid about $15,000 for a (admittedly hard to come by, but procureable in Russia for a few thousand dollars) 1p69 scope and a carrying handle.
Here is a database of pictures of a military issue SV-98 rifle.
Those 1p69 “Giperon” scopes are as rare as hell, even in Russia.I’ve put the feelers out a few times with contacts in Russia to see if they could source me one, along with a 20 round SVD Bakelite mag or two, but they’ve always come up empty handed (on both counts!) 👎

·
Registered
203 Posts
Both turn up from time to time. I’ve got a 1p59 and both polymer and steel 15 round SVD mags. Never found one of the 20 rounders and only seen photos in the trial documents from experiments with an SVD LMG in the 1960s.
The couple 1p69s I’ve seen were selling in the $500-1500 range. For some reason the 1p59 (SVD variant) is way more expensive than the 1p69. Both leave a lot to be desired from a practical use standpoint. They are basically an interesting reverse engineered/update of the old ART II scopes from the Vietnam era.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Both turn up from time to time. I’ve got a 1p59 and both polymer and steel 15 round SVD mags. Never found one of the 20 rounders and only seen photos in the trial documents from experiments with an SVD LMG in the 1960s.
The couple 1p69s I’ve seen were selling in the $500-1500 range. For some reason the 1p59 (SVD variant) is way more expensive than the 1p69. Both leave a lot to be desired from a practical use standpoint. They are basically an interesting reverse engineered/update of the old ART II scopes from the Vietnam era.
That’s still a nice bit of kit you have, closest I’ve got is the 4-12x42 variant of the 1p21 which I find is very good when shooting at multiple targets at different distances on a field-fire range but not ideal when shooting at one distance, if that makes sense.......

21 - 23 of 23 Posts