Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my eye on a 54' Tula.

It appears to not be a refurb. It is a KBI import. No X's on stock, all the #'s match no refurb mark on the top cover, the top cover has the 2 tone finish look.
Box, sling, etc..

Seller wants $350...

What else should I look for 2 verify if it is a refurb or not?

I can't c spending $350 on a refurb 54' Tula...

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,454 Posts
Does it have it's original deep blue?

Even some absolutely "new" Soviet SKS rifle were refurb marked. All that meant was they were inspected.

So I would not sweat it. $350 sounds good if it all matches and is in it's like new unaltered condition.

·
Silver Bullet Member
sks, tokarev, makarov, combloc
2,431 Posts
check the end of the muzzle. if it is all shiney, not a refurb: if it is blue to the rifling the barrel has been refinished.sometimes only the barrel is refurburished.look for eighth inch inspector marks around the front left reinforcing bolt and sometimes behind the trigger at the wrist.sounds rerasonable at 350 even if a refurb or part refurb.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
i had a shot at a refurb tula that was in OK shape for 350. it is the cheapest I have seen one in these parts for 2 years. kinda kick myself for not getting it. 550 is the going price at the shows. once in a while they will they will come up for 4 somthing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.