Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
399 Posts
As I have a Saiga 12 being delivered next Friday, I've gone to several sites checking on Saiga scope mounts. From what I've been able to find, there are apparently only two types of mounts, the SVD/PSL/etc mount and the AK/Saiga/etc mount. Presumably your mount should fit all AK type rifles, so I'm not sure what research you found stating that that it won't fit a WASR or SAR. Is there a third type of rail? Since I will be ordering a 1x sight for the Saiga, eventually I'll be able to see if it also fits my WASR, but that won't be for a few more weeks until I can make it home.

Keith
There are only two types of sidemount that come on these Russian scopes...One that fits PSL/ Dragunov and one that fits AKM/ Saiga, etc.

Any scope that fits AK/ AKM will also fit the Bulgarian and Romanian AK's. The only AK's w/ the PSL/ Dragunov style rail type (that I know of) were the CUR2 Romanian AK 74 variant (first 74' imported from Romanaia), imported back about 96'. They had PSL/ Dragunov style rail. Other than that, yours should fit all AK/ AKM w/ rail.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.