Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
50,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this pistol this weekend, it's a Russian semi auto, the only markings on the pistol are a B<-->H on the front sight under the adjustment knob, MADE IN USSR on the right side of the slide, the serial number on the left side (also on the barrel and mags) and a TMC(?) in a diamond on top of the barrel. There is no import marks, no other mfg marks and an arrow in a shield on each grip). The case the word VOSTOK on it and has all the spare parts, all the internals, extra sight blades (front and rear), springs, firing pin, hammer, etc... It came from a retired Lt Commander in the Navy who said she got in Italy (hence no import marks) from the days before the collapse of the east.

I take it it's a VOSTOK 22 target pistol but what model and approx value in 99% condition, it really lots unfired (case has some storage damage and the foam is degraded).

Thanks,

·
Platinum Bullet Member
603 Posts
What you have is Russian Margolin target pistol (AKA "Vostok" (eng. "East"), MC, MCM, MCu depending on sub model).
IIRC, it was designed in 1948 for entry level shooters.
Aprox. value on todays market $400-500.
B< and >H are actually U(up)< and >D(down)

MGS was selling them few month ago for $299.00.
But they had to re-call and destroy them due to import violation (or so they said).
I had to send mine back, which made me very upset.
It's a good shooter.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I don't know all the ins & outs of them. But, if you'll Google Margolin .22, you can see what several variations look like & what they're being sold for.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
They were being sold new here in the past few years,for around $400.I have fired one,excellent pistols and very well made for the asking price.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nice find. Thats a good looking pistol. I hadn't seen one of those before. I'd like to find something like that myself.

Mike

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
They still being manufactured by Baikal (in Russia).
Brgds, A

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
50,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have one similar, serial c0709p, which has the same plastic case and accessories. Booklet says it was made in may, 1981. Unlike others I have seen, it has no safety lever.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
lavric: I don't read Russian too good. I have a Vostock pistol, serial X22--M, .22 short, much as pictured above. Can you point me to a manual?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Margolin, one of the best .22lr and .22short pistols ever made, especialy the early ones!
Eat any ammo, shoot verry good and handle well.

Sadly nobody here in Germany likes them anymore, many were destroyed. Even got two for free, saved them from destruction!

Have fun with it!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts