Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the forum has been so dead lately, I thought maybe this could spruce it up. Lets throw some rune rifles up showing the runes themselves for comparison. Why the differnt shapes and reliefs within the shapes vs. no relief and can any shapes be verified by known good existing bringback examples? Possibly we could get a sticky going on this so that we can build our database? What you say mods?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Here's mine.
s/n 7754
Sort of relic condition. Picked it up from a co-worker about 20 years ago who used it to "play war" back in the '60's. Told me that his Uncle picked it up after a battle. I wish I could have gotten more info on it back then.
I got it with no bolt or follower. There's a chunk missing from the pistol grip area and a bullet hole in front of the cross bolt. I found a bnz bolt that matches the rifle's finish.
Anyway, here's my contribution.
Mark

Attachments

·
Banned
3,411 Posts
Mike, so what do you think of a sticky then? I cannot see how this would not be beneficial to the forum.
Award - agreed and absolutely no problem with your interest and effort. As I recall the old sticky on the subject was more about serials than images of runes. I will verify. If appropriate we can combine or set up a new sticky for images.

Thanks!

Scott

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With information being supplied and put into the sticky ~ it can only help everyone who has an interest in the hobby now and in the future. One may not be into rune examples right now but I can almost guarantee that there will be a time when people wish that they would have a reference of some sort due to running into a deal somewhere, but not really knowing enough to pull it off. I am all for increasing the database now as "time" is one thing we can not get back. Just think if there was a sticky started 3 years ago. Two examples are the Erma and BLM stickies. They are not that old and they are pretty decent in size. The Erma sticky may have more quality to it only because rr info was requested. I know if I find erma rifles for sale, I will email the seller for the rr and bc info. Usually I get the info. It takes time out of my day also but it is for the benefit of the cause. One day Mike and Bruce may be able to incorporate quality data sheets into the Erma section of the new book.

I think, if there is a rune sticky, that the photos should stay in the top of the thread. Contributions, as they come, can be moved to the top with the other photos for easy comparisons. After the thread is updated ~ the individual "doubles" can be deleted leaving photos on the top.

·
Banned
3,411 Posts
Award,

Agreed the devils in all of the details not just some. Since pic posts have size limits I am not sure how we can manage to insert new photos before prior posts and data without having as seperate threads.

Scott

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Possibly the originator of the thread can do the grunt work. This would not have to be a never ending photo entry, but rather a condensed photo library of maybe 25 photos. Photos can be closeup showing actual tooling without the space consuming surroundings of the photo. Authenticity/fakery can be confirmed and the reason why. Short and sweet yet hardcore facts.
Thoughts?

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
Award, Scott is the SS guy so I'd let him manage and handle that sticky.

EDIT: BTW, it could be good book research for the SS book and I've got some rune rifles I'd post.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It really doesn't matter to me who does it and I would be happy to take care of the process as I mentioned. Once the photos are in it can get locked and used as a reference only. If someone has something too important to leave out then a mod. can be contacted and the decision left up to them. At least there will be easy access to the photos w/o consuming too many "zeros and ones".

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
That's SS and Scott's territory and call award. Whatever ya'll get together to do to put this together should be fine. Sounds like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TY for the support Craig. I can assure you that a focused, short and sweet display is all that is needed and will not be taxing on anyone.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
9,156 Posts
BNZ 43 single rune..........both images from same piece ;) These are "THE" only markings on the whole receiver. No other markings anywhere on it other than the three digit serial number.

·
Banned
3,411 Posts
Award - I have developed a new Sticky for SS specific research and studies. It is titled 'SS Serial Number & Data Studies (Index Link Thread)'

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...al-Number-amp-Data-Studies-(Index-Link-Thread)

I think it is appropriate that we review previous study and research threads and consider where we may want to list in a seperate more specific Sticky. Not trying to create too many Sticky's but rather to make certain that they are categorized properly and not lost in the crowd. I will leave the 'BNZ43 & BNZ4 Serials' link in both indexes for a little while we refine.

Scott

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
Whatever you and Award want to do is fine Scott. As set forth in that sticky, I quit updating it maybe a year or more back as set forth there. I think both of you could work together toward putting together something useful, with pics, that could be of research value. While it's my data compilation, you and Award are free to use it in your new research thread.
Cheers,
HB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.