Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The part of Great-Britain I like best ...
:) A

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Upload failed.
Bummer...
A

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, no fish & ships.
Though I agree it's yummie.
lemme try again.

A

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YessSSSSSSSSSSSS !
It worked !
Sink your teeth into this !
;-) A

·
Registered
532 Posts
Aaaaahhh! It's the British FLAG you like!

Yes, it is a grand old rag .... ;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Cheeky

At least whoever put them on got them the right way up, must have been an expert or wanted to get it right by practising:))

·
Registered
604 Posts
Is this photo from the latest campaign being undertaken by PETA - the protest against bearskin caps which are worn by the Royal Guards at Buckingham Palace?

I saw something very similar to this on TV a few weeks ago - a couple of topless women protestors outside the British Embassy in Tallinn, Estonia, being bundled into a police van while the press went berserk photographing the scene:)
A bit too skinny for my taste though;)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to have made your day ;-)

BRGDS, A

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm told that the type of paint used should only be removed with your teeth. I'm willing to give it a try in the interests of science.
Chopperpilot (how appropriate)

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
Is this photo from the latest campaign being undertaken by PETA - the protest against bearskin caps which are worn by the Royal Guards at Buckingham Palace?
Dear Mr Bonny - they are not bearskin caps - a cap is a small head covering. They are called busbies - pronounced buzz-bees.

The 'Royal Guards' are not called 'Royal Guards' either. They are the infantry of the Guards Division - in order of precedence -

Grenadier Guards
Coldstream Guards
Scots Guards
Irish Guards
Welsh Guards

tac

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thank you for the clarification:)
This is really fascinating stuff. I spoke to a person last week and he claimed to be from the Coldstream Guards. I couldnt resist asking him about his views on the SA80 and he just laughed and confirmed all that I had heard about it;)
Caps, hats, shakos, tunics, its all so very interesting. I have already picked up 3 books on uniforms worn by German and British soldiers during WW2, and my appetite is thoroughly whetted for more books on this wonderful subject.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
Thank you for the clarification:)
This is really fascinating stuff. I spoke to a person last week and he claimed to be from the Coldstream Guards. I couldnt resist asking him about his views on the SA80 and he just laughed and confirmed all that I had heard about it;)
Caps, hats, shakos, tunics, its all so very interesting. I have already picked up 3 books on uniforms worn by German and British soldiers during WW2, and my appetite is thoroughly whetted for more books on this wonderful subject.

Mr Bonny - Please explain what you mean by 'from the Coldstream Guards'.

tac

1 - 20 of 24 Posts