Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gun looks a bit rough due to somebody engraving it. It is mechanically very sound. Ruger went through it and also installed the safety mechanism (original parts come with gun).
I need $170 shipped Fedex overnight. If somebody can do a private party transfer (through FFL) here in the SF Bay area, he could have it for $120.

Email: heiner71 AT pacbell.net

·
Diamond Member
1,174 Posts
Counter offer!

I can go $145.00 shipped to St. Louis if you so desire! Ship it on USPS, much cheaper, and just as reliable!

[email protected]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer but I have to ship Fedex. In CA this is the only legal way to ship a handgun if you are an individual and not a FFL holder. With $50 I already carry about $10-$15 of the actual shipping cost. Last handgun I sold, I paid $67 shipping (East Coast).

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
An individual can ship USPS to an FFL. For example, trade-in, repairs, ship in for transfer to another individual. My understanding is that even in CA you can do USPS Priority or Express, as long as it goes to an 01FFL. Priority and Express mail are still air mail and that is the key. At least that is what all the dealers I know tell me. I know a dealer who has people send him stuff for repair via parcel post all the time.

·
Registered
400 Posts
To my knowledge, shipping handguns USPS is not legal for non-FFL types in any state.

Long guns are OK.
Correct. In order to ship a handgun USPS you must be a type 01 or equivalent FFL licensed Dealer; and fill out and submit the apropriate paperwork w/ USPS along w/ a file copy of your license.

(You only have to file/ submit w/ them your file copy and their form once, until you renew your FFL), at any one post office where you wish to ship.

·
Diamond Member
1,174 Posts
Well, I do have an FFL, so...........

In some cases I have been asked to fill out a USPS form, but in some cases, no. Go figure! I do however tell the postal clerk whats in the box each time I send one, and I always ship to a regestered FFL! I guess you should error on the side of what you feel is right here, so thanks for considering the offer anyway.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are not setup to receive PMs. My email is in my original post. Just replace the "AT" with a "@"

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Heiner71, I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight on the shipping deal. I guess that's what I get for taking other people's word for it instead of doing my own research. Do you think they are disallowing 03 ffl's as dealers on that or would that qualify?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
greatguns I do not know the answer. The USPS publications I have seen are not very specific on that. You may want to do some research on the BATF website.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts