1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,680 Posts
I'd tend to say if Rudy is a joke - it ain't a very funny one. I guess I'd prefer him to Hitlery. but i really do NOT want him.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Number four. Wonder if he's met #5 yet.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I really don't like him. He's trying to be an affable character, and while that's okay for guys like my Uncle Leo, that doesn't sit well with me when we're discussing Presidential nominees. It's okay to be humorous, just don't be a joke.
...But it is tough to go from a known tyrant to everybody's favorite former mayor.

...Takes a lot of sidestepping the issues and relying on the fact that the Dems have a worse record.

The trick is if the Dems really get their crap together and egos in line you can face a Clinton/OBama ticket.

If that was to happen it would be a clear "all or nothing RKBA fight".

·
Registered
437 Posts
I really don't like him. He's trying to be an affable character, and while that's okay for guys like my Uncle Leo, that doesn't sit well with me when we're discussing Presidential nominees. It's okay to be humorous, just don't be a joke.

What is Uncle Leo's platform?
I'm still on the fence!

·
Copper Bullet member
5,395 Posts
I Fear that Rudy is no better than Hillary. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
Told off a caller from his campaign yesterday. Said his 2nd Amendment lukewarm support was totally unacceptable.
IMHO the only difference between him and Clinton is that he leaves a slightly shorter trail of slime behind him.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Can anyone figure out why he is leading in the polls? If the Republican base wants a real conservative, why the hell is Nosferatu winning?

·
93,680 Posts
Because nobody with balls trusts a twat doctor?

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
Because nobody with balls trusts a twat doctor?
So no one with "balls" trusts a "twat doctor", a man who sticks to principle and is the most intellectually honest man running. But they trust a man who has been married 3-4 times and has flip flopped on so many issues and has even dressed in drag? Sounds like those people DO have balls but NO brains.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
He's on his 3rd wife (I lost track, I thought he was on # 4). She's twice-divorced, too. And nice wholesome first lady material, huh- a genuine homewrecker.

While he was still married to #2, he and #3 were having trysts at the new NYC Emergency Command Center... which America's self-proclaimed Expert on Fighting Terrorism :rolleyes: decided to locate in the only building in the city that Islamic terrorists had already attacked once, and vowed to attack again.

By the way, if Teddy Kennedy claimed to be some sort of authority on gun crime because he'd lost two brothers to assassins' bullets, would any Republican, or anyone with half a brain, take him seriously?

As if we needed MORE proof that Giuliani is the west end of an eastbound horse:

"I'm probably one of the four or five best known Americans in the world," Giuliani told a small group of reporters at a posh London hotel as onlookers gathered in the lobby to gawk at actor Dustin Hoffman, who was on a separate visit.

And then there's this...

The $9.11 fundraiser. Wow, man. Just, wow. With that, I'd say Rudy Giuliani has officially jumped the shark. :D

In contrast, Dr. Paul has been happily married to one woman for 50 years- and never raids her closet :D. He had set a goal of raising $500,000 in the last 6 days of this quarter. He had to alter that fundraising goal....

when he reached it 3 days early.

The new goal is $1,000,000 by midnight Sunday. You can watch the progress in real-time at www.ronpaul2008.com

Remember, these donors (myself among them) are not looking for any kind of special favors or juicy contracts from the government. They are not donating to a politician who promises to commit armed robbery on their behalf. They are donating to Ron Paul's campaign because they long for a government that will leave them alone.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Dirty,
You recently posted the Michigan republican party "statistical" results and percentages regarding who the most desired candidate is according to those who went to the Mackinaw Island conferences.

What you failed to post was the fact that the Michigan Republican Party has taken the official stance that there is no other candidate but Mit Romney and has been demonizing all other candidated for the past six months.

More recently the email information has been slamming Fred Thompson as a "Lazy Non-Candidate"

Ron Paul receives some mention in the same negative way but as usual his supporter base of unemployed skin heads and convicts do a fine job of making him look like a joke.

(to his credit or lack of, I have been told that some of these unsavory folks were hired through Michigan Works for the event, the same way that UAW Strike protesters frequently are)

I had been offered free tickets and lodging for the event, which I turned down because I have better things to do. (Like work)

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I'm not a big fan of career lawyers being President.
This may come down to voting for the lesser of two evils.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
I'm not a big fan of career lawyers being President.
This may come down to voting for the lesser of two evils.
But it doesn't have to be.

·
93,680 Posts
Could be it doesn't HAVE to be a choice between two evils, with the trick being to determine which is the lesser. But I'd bet it WILL work out taht way.

Oh - if Ron Paul somehow got the Reptilican nomination, it would STILL be a choice of the lesser of the two weevils. And it just might be that the Demonrat party would have put up the least objectionable insect pest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts