Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Just found this site and regestered tonight.......WOW! Talk about heaven!
My compliments to the Admins and owner. I hate starting off needing help but here goes. I was given (half) a ruby pistol. Written on the slide is: HIJOS DEC. ARRIZABLAGA (EIBAR ESPANA). Underneath that is: PISTOLA AUTOMATICA CAL. 7.65. It has a serial number on the frame only: #48722. My problem is the barrel, recoil guide & spring, and safety latch are missing.(hence half a gun) Can these componets be had, and at a price that would make this gun worth restoring? Can parts be found to fit properly? The slide,frame, and magazine are in pretty good shape with only minor spots of surface rust starting to occur. I'd really like to restore this pistol but I'm practical at the same time. Cost vs. worth. Also could anyone tell me some history of this piece. Thanks in advance. Rick

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,078 Posts
One of the Ruby type pistols made in Spain during WWI to supply the French war effort. All of these were hand fitted and no two are alike - you might try Bob's Gun Shop in Royal AR. for parts (they have a web site) but based on the value of the gun and what parts would cost - you would be best off chucking it in a drawer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob for the tip, I contacted Bob in Ark. and offered him a trade, as the price/availability of the parts are going to prohibit me fixing this gun. I offered him my Ruby parts in exchange for a firing pin and rear sight for one of my .22 rifles. Thanks again for your knowledge and help. Rick in Sullivan Mo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.