Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered one of these during the $299 sale they had last weekend. I've ordered from RTI several times for stuff coming out of Ethiopia and I'm not sure if I just keep getting lucky with the general overall condition of stuff I get from them or what but here's what I got: 1892 Dated M1888/90, Bluing is definitely in the white on the front sight end but gets better as you get more to the rear of the rifle. Gun is complete/is not missing any parts. Barrel is dark but has strong rifling and not an absolute sewer pipe. No serial numbers visible on the stock/no AOI stamp or Ethiopian writing on the barrel/receiver of this one. Stock is free of any noticeable cracks/major damage and bolt is very smooth. Action is not as dirty/greasy compared to some other rifles I have received from them. I think the big win on this one is that there isn't a spiders den inside of the magazine well like I had on my Vetterli 1870/88/15. That was interesting to scrape out to say the least.

Anyone else pick one of these up recently?

Wood Trigger Tints and shades Gun accessory Metal

Wood Metal Building material Pipe Fixture

Wood Fixture Tints and shades Building material Metal

·
Administrator
12,249 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finally got to give mine a good look over and it’s very similar to what everyone here has received. Overall very little finish but the wood is nice and the bore has strong rifling also it doesn’t appear to be missing any parts. The band with the volley sight point is bent but I’m glad it’s there.

Overall very happy just need to finish assembling for a few pics

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Finally got to give mine a good look over and it’s very similar to what everyone here has received. Overall very little finish but the wood is nice and the bore has strong rifling also it doesn’t appear to be missing any parts. The band with the volley sight point is bent but I’m glad it’s there.

Overall very happy just need to finish assembling for a few pics
any pics?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Got mine today. No pictures yet as I’m still trying to get it cleaned up. No hand select. Bore is dark and dirty but I can see all of the rifling. Some of the external parts have heavy pitting but hopefully it’s not too bad. Volley sight looks like it was removed. I would’ve picked hand select if they had given me the option when I ordered, but it said they were sold out. If the price stays the same I may order another.

Ordered last weekend along with a Vetterli M1870/87/15. The Vetterli is in excellent condition. It was still covered in cosmoline that pretty much preserved everything. Really happy with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts