Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This batch of rifles is supposedly from Albania, i have purchased and received 2 of these (199 broken stock specials) and received a letter series with all matching parts HXXX, and i received a sterile rifle mix master in a laminate stock that seams to be growing on me by the minute, i also ordered another last week @ 219.99 but have yet to see the fedex driver. Anyways i know in this batch there have been plenty of early Sino-soviet rifles, Sterile rifles and a few russians ( until the ATF caught on and made them recall all of them from their wholesalers for destruction) but has anyone gotten an albanian rifle out of this batch? and just to be clear by Albanian, i mean an actual Albanian built sks with the long handguard and stock, not a rifle made elsewhere. Thanks Guys. I got my fingers crossed for this 3rd one, you never know what your gonna get but i can dream, cmon all matching sterile or letter series.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had an issue with one of my orders, and over the last week have had plenty of correspondence with 3 different reps at I.O/R.T.I , not only did the 2 guys at Royal Tiger confirm this, another at I.O brought it up in a totally unrelated conversation when talking about why they are so back logged, I didnt even ask for a russian, all i said was i hope one of them would be a russian, he replied with sorry to burst your bubble but someone turned us into the ATF for having non importable arms, so they did the recall voluntarily to not get on the bad side of theyre federal " friends", they are in the process of renewing there FFL and Importer license

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've seen zero Albanians in any of the IO or CAI imports. They sorted quite well it seems, though Albanians should be the easiest to sort, even through cosmoline, with the markedly different outward appearance.

Very big bummer with the Russians. It surprises me that it took them (ATF) so long to look into the issue. These IO Monroe NC (and continuing with the IO Palm Bay guns after IO moved operations in late 2013) have been sold with Russians in the mix since March of 2013!!! Everyone online knew that the VRA didn't allow it, but they figured someone had found a way around. I guess not!

The wheels of government turn slowly, but they do turn...

So the next question is, where does this leave the end buyers who might have received a Russian? What about those who may have already sold them? (it's been over a year after all!) What a mess. :(

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked that very question, and they said if they are sold they are sold, but any remaining inventory of wholesalers like classic arms and Atlantic had to be culled, as well as there own operations, at this point im sure if there are a few remaining out there, they are the ones the wholesalers "missed" . It sucks, I have always wanted a russian but i make $15 per hr and go to school full time, atleast i graduate with my bachelors from U.N.L.V in May, but a long story short, i rarely have $600+ to drop on a firearm, at $225 shipped i hoped i might get lucky but after 2 of the 3 i ordered ( bought one, got it, and sold some mosins to fund a couple more) no luck, 1 lottery ticket to go...........

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
For $500 or so you can buy a Russian -why not sell what you have and buy what you want? A $225 broken-stock special put in a cheap new stock easily sells for $350 or more out here.

I asked that very question, and they said if they are sold they are sold, but any remaining inventory of wholesalers like classic arms and Atlantic had to be culled, as well as there own operations, at this point im sure if there are a few remaining out there, they are the ones the wholesalers "missed" . It sucks, I have always wanted a russian but i make $15 per hr and go to school full time, atleast i graduate with my bachelors from U.N.L.V in May, but a long story short, i rarely have $600+ to drop on a firearm, at $225 shipped i hoped i might get lucky but after 2 of the 3 i ordered ( bought one, got it, and sold some mosins to fund a couple more) no luck, 1 lottery ticket to go...........

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
Something is very fishy with this "Russian" rifle business. If these rifles came out of Albania, and there is documentable proof these rifles were in Albanian hands for 5+ years - it makes no damn difference if they are Russian, Chinese, North Korean, or Lower Slobovian. Period. If ATF is going to apply this type logic, they are going to have to look at ALL of the European imports of SKS, Mosin Nagants, Makarovs, Tokarevs, etc. and cull out the Russian made pieces.

Frankly, I call B.S. on this.

·
Gold Bullet Member
8,880 Posts
Something is very fishy with this "Russian" rifle business. If these rifles came out of Albania, and there is documentable proof these rifles were in Albanian hands for 5+ years - it makes no damn difference if they are Russian, Chinese, North Korean, or Lower Slobovian. Period. If ATF is going to apply this type logic, they are going to have to look at ALL of the European imports of SKS, Mosin Nagants, Makarovs, Tokarevs, etc. and cull out the Russian made pieces.

But Mosins et al. aren't on the ATF's "no no list".

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not sell and buy a ruskie?

I did consider selling two of these and getting my Russian, but for $225 although they may not win any competitions, i do have one for every member of the family, so pros and cons, one day ill get my russian, one day....

and on the ATF not making sense, they never make sense, they're the ATF! Law means nothing to them, its just a means to an end. ending what rights and liberties are left in the gun community, they are nothing more than the attack dog of the administration.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Russian arms imports are covered under the VRA plain and simple. They are in a special category that other proscribed countries are not. There is a list of which weapons are allowed, all others not on the list are non-importable, end of story (regardless of the 5 year rule). Soviet made SKS45s and SVT 38/40s are not on the list, hence their (relatively) high prices in the US market today.

Chinese arms are subject to an arms embargo and are grouped in with the other proscribed countries list (this is where the 5 year rule comes into play).

See 27 CFR § 447.52

https://www.atf.gov/files/firearms/.../policy-procedure-restricted-importation.html is a very good source of info too.

It doesn't have to make sense, it's the US government. :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts