Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
63,468 Posts
That they are, but Belgium contracted guns in semi, and full auto. both contracts were modified to be able to run full auto. an example I would use is the PSL's classic imported with the third pin. The ATF used the excuse of "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" even though they are manufactured semi auto rifles. not saying its right, but I'd hate for someone to buy one and have to return it, or risk a visit from the alphabet boys.
the vast majority of FN49's were not FA, and have not been subject, to my knowledge of any recall or ATF issues over the years,

has one or 2 slipped thru that were, likely,

no different than FAL' s, (look at the Browning imported G series)

not the first time these were imported either, a schload were imported in the late 80's and early 90's form various countries,

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Found this review on their website.

Bought one of these when they were first available, 12/30/2020. I have bought several other rifles from RTI and took a chance on this one because of its rarity being in 30-06 caliber despite the high price. The gun I received was in bad shape, all mismatched serial numbers, scrubbed receiver, no crest, stock was cracked at the wrist, stock did not have the cross bolt for the 30-06, gas piston was bent, gas plug was held on with a piece of wire, gas adjustment sleeve was frozen closed, barrel shot out, action won't cycle. Serial number 13XX should have been a Luxembourg with an AL crest. Paid way too much for what I got.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Found this review on their website.

Bought one of these when they were first available, 12/30/2020. I have bought several other rifles from RTI and took a chance on this one because of its rarity being in 30-06 caliber despite the high price. The gun I received was in bad shape, all mismatched serial numbers, scrubbed receiver, no crest, stock was cracked at the wrist, stock did not have the cross bolt for the 30-06, gas piston was bent, gas plug was held on with a piece of wire, gas adjustment sleeve was frozen closed, barrel shot out, action won't cycle. Serial number 13XX should have been a Luxembourg with an AL crest. Paid way too much for what I got.
Well, got one experience. What are you doing with it? I had a 8mm rebuilt at AMG International. The 30.06 I sent them, they called it trashed, and used it for parts. I'm sort of regretting agreeing to that now...but it's water under the bridge.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have an AL marked low SN 30-06 that I have not put a round through. Bought off this board and it is a damn good rifle. Not pristine but good example. Have a spare top cover etc, goose’s book and a yummy FA TG

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
And I hate to say it might be on the chopping block

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just love those early battle rifles. Every time I see the high prices that are asked for them now I kick myself for not buying more of them back when they were reasonably priced. I agree, $1,800 seems a bit too high for a rifle that's not collector grade, even at today's prices, but I see they're down to 12 in stock so not everyone agrees on that.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I just love those early battle rifles. Every time I see the high prices that are asked for them now I kick myself for not buying more of them back when they were reasonably priced. I agree, $1,800 seems a bit too high for a rifle that's not collector grade, even at today's prices, but I see they're down to 12 in stock so not everyone agrees on that.
They had 14 originally…
A fool and his money soon parted.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,137 Posts
This is what one of their customers posted about his FN 49 purchase:

Very Disappointed for the Price

·
Registered
714 Posts
And I was going to ask $750 for my Luxembourg .30-06 Model 49 at next weekend's gun show. Guess I am going to have to revise the price tag.
I was at the LGS picking up an SKS Cowboy Companion, when I spotted a nice Lux on the rack. I've never seen an FN49 for sale in any of my shops. They were asking $2400 but took 3 SKSs in trade. A Yugo 59/66, a mismatched SARCO barreled action build, and a home Paratrooper. All I'd had from some time, and they were the last of 10 SKSs I moved. That makes 3 FNs for me, 7mm. 8mm, & .30-06. It's the bottom FN. PAX

41 - 54 of 54 Posts