Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a source for round-nose bullets approximating the Austrian M93 patrone? I want to make up some dummy-rounds for display with a de-milled Schwarzlose M07/12 machine gun (I've found an original fabric belt).

Thanks,

Devo

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone know a source for round-nose bullets approximating the Austrian M93 patrone? I want to make up some dummy-rounds for display with a de-milled Schwarzlose M07/12 machine gun (I've found an original fabric belt).

Thanks,

Devo
I have a good bunch of info about our-Bulgarian use of this type MG...so can you specifie what exactly you want to do --and i will check for materials)

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
I have a good bunch of info about our-Bulgarian use of this type MG...so can you specifie what exactly you want to do --and i will check for materials)
Memo (Meto?), read again - he is not asking about this kind of information. He wants to buy bullets here in the USA that would look like the M.93 bullet, for display purposes only.

·
Administrator
10,117 Posts
UNless one comes across some original M93 ammo and can pull the 247gn RMs out, theye is likely Nothing that will replicate the original Bullet.

The only thing is to get at least "One" bullet...and go to your friendly machine shop which has a CNC machine, with some 3/8th ( 5/16th is a tad too small for a proper "8mm" Austrian projectile) steel rod (bright Mild) and get them to "Turn Up" some for you...around 100 would be enough to fill a good belt... The cases can be made from either 8x56R cases (either fired military or New Graf brass) with an 8x50R FLS die. and trim.

WE do this often, for "stage dressing Belts" where we make up strange ammo correct for the gun, and where original projectiles are no longer available....a good CNC operator should turn out steel or brass projectiles for about US 15 cents each, in quantity....say a few Thousand. We regularly get lots of 5,000 of bright steel round noses ( .303 MkVI, 8x57J, 7,62 Russian) and also Spitzer Points ( .30M2, Nato,.303 MkVII and German 7,9 S for Dummy manufacture...FMJ original projectiles are scarce in Australia, unless you demolish valuable live ammo when available. WE also use Brass as well ( staining it with acid to get the "copper" colour

Regards,
Doc AV
rass as well (then stain it with acid to get the "copper colour")

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.