Gunboards Forums banner

Round in the chamber slide wont move?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  MJ 
#1 ·
Very reliable Bulgarian MAK. That is a live round in the chamber.

WTH is with that ?

#3 ·
A couple possible problems.... a bulged barrel near (or at) the muzzle could block the slide, an oversize round can get stuck in the chamber (especially if there is powder fouling present), an incorrect round could have been loaded by accident.... I have removed stuck rounds before by pressing the tail of the extractor down (so it lets go of the cartridge rim) allowing the slide to open then pushing the stuck round out with a bore diameter rod. I have removed the grips on a couple guns so the frame could be placed in a vise with the barrel pointed into a large wooden block a couple times (people would bring their jammed up guns into the store, never sure what they had done till it was out). This allowed me to work the slide open to clear the action with something to catch the bullet if the round somehow ignited. It would take a good sized barrel bulge to lock up a Makarov type action, could be very difficult to get it open if that were the case............... If you don't have a good spot to work might be best to see if an area shop has a gunsmith (safer too when you're unsure what you might need to do)

#6 ·
Chambered a round to fire but a cease fire was called. Tried to safe the pistol by removing magazine and pull slide to remove chambered round.

Going to remove grip and steady to pistol in a vise lined with leather and try to press the extractor down today.

This has been a trouble free pistol for years.

#8 ·
Still h ave not fixed the problem just using my back up.

#10 ·
I have done nothing. Waiting for a range to open. Chopstick down the barrel measures out to one 9X18 so no squib.

#11 ·
Finally had some time to address this problem and got the slide to retract. Even all the way back it wont eject the round. Big surprise it's brass case round and some quick measuring with a chopstick it has to be a 7.62X25.

How might that happen you might ask ? I'm asking everyone who was at the 4H indoor range that day. They were supervised by adults two shooters to each adult.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.