Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to fire this M1907 8mm with new commercial ammunition. First round goes "poof!"
Gun is locked up, when I examine it later a triangular piece is missing from the rear of the
chamber and there is a dent in the reciever in that area. Ammo maker makes good after a loooong saga of "Vice president in Charge of Blown Up Roth Steyrs" being replaced with someone else, who knows nothing about my situation, this happened twice.....But they did eventually
take care of me on it.
The experimental loads I made from .30 Carbine brass and 8mm Nambu bullets
worked fine but I didn't use bullseye or other superfast powders......I was afraid of ultrafast
burning powders then, in the 1970s, and still wary of them......

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went to fire this M1907 8mm with new commercial ammunition. First round goes "poof!"
Gun is locked up, when I examine it later a triangular piece is missing from the rear of the
chamber and there is a dent in the reciever in that area. Ammo maker makes good after a loooong saga of "Vice president in Charge of Blown Up Roth Steyrs" being replaced with someone else, who knows nothing about my situation, this happened twice.....But they did eventually
take care of me on it.
The experimental loads I made from .30 Carbine brass and 8mm Nambu bullets
worked fine but I didn't use bullseye or other superfast powders......I was afraid of ultrafast
burning powders then, in the 1970s, and still wary of them......
This is the post mentioned...

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sailor, the post made it this time if you, or anyone wish to read it......

·
Copper Bullet member
395 Posts
Was this with fiocchi ammo? I have a really nice Roth Steyr and several boxes of the fiocci ammo. I haven't shot any yet, maybe I shouldn't....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts