Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I wound up "winning" a bid on a 12 gauge / 30-06 combo. Of course that was after some folks on another forum indicated how bad the Rossis are! So it goes ... I'll report back once I done a range session with it - probably shooting the 30-06.

·
Banned
2,173 Posts
They aren't much as far as quality. Just like everything, someone will get on here and tell how there's will out shoot and outlast a $5,000 rifle or shotgun, but I've seen several of them have problems.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had an idea, from looking into these long ago, that the quality was not so good. In spite of this, I thought perhaps the Rossi would be a good value shooter. However, the posters on the other board indicated that their Rossis were also very inaccurate.

I bought this set for my (imagined) need for a gun to carry while backpacking. A break-down 12 gauge + 30-06 seemed a good place to start, with a plan to add .22 via an insert of some sort to the 12 gauge barrel. So I will be evaluating it in the context of a survival firearm, rather that a target gun - looking for passable accuracy and reliability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.