Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled on a sportered Ross MkIII and I'm wondering what could be done to restock it. I've seen elsewhere that people have occasionally made reproduction stocks. Any hope of finding one of these? Hardware?

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I've seen one front band for sale in about 10 years of looking, it was on gunbroker rusted to the barrel they were trying to sell. I imagine stock duplicators could make a replacement blank if you can find someone willing to take apart their MkIII. If the stock is only modified by cutting at the rear band I'd think the easiest thing to do would be to make a front end and attach under the front band. I saw a 1905 at a couple gunshows (same gun) that someone had attached the front end of a Mauser stock to, didn't extend far enough and the inletting was all wrong. I know someone who works in a fabricators shop, I thought it might be worthwhile to have 50 front bands made to sell to people hoping to restore Rosses, but I never found out how much that'd cost...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.