Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
fuzzy little man peach
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday I will have completed one year of being able to purchase rifles. I figured I would post up some pictures of what I've got so far. I don't have as many as a lot of people out there, but I'll sure do my best to get there eventually. :)

1940 Tula 91-30
1948 DDR Izhevsk M-44
1944 BYF K98
1938 42 K98 (In sporter stock)
Smith-Corona 1903A3
1942 Maltby Enfield No4 Mk1
Standard Products M-1 Carbine
Universal M-1 Carbine

The Enfield, and Standard Products Carbine are actually my dads.

For photographing one rifle the bed folded up like a couch works fine. But I had to improvise a little when eight are throwin into the mix.

I have one last shot at adding to that collection by the time my rookie year is out. I'm going to the gun show in Phoenix. Who knows, may find something that catches my eye just right.

·
Silver Bullet member
953 Posts
When the wife starts to sleep in the guest room......
Nice collection.

quiz..

What is the difference between a screaming women and a Mosin after you bring them in from the cold ZZZZ ?

Answer..

The women keeps screaming.

·
fuzzy little man peach
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't quite have to worry about a wife yet. Too young to be tied down. I'll turn 19 on Monday.

I only anticipate this collection getting bigger. Under no circumstances shall it get smaller. At least that is the plan anyway.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,757 Posts
Well done. Keep going. Learn, learn, learn. Knowledge and experience is the guiding light in this passion.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
Don't leave them alone in the closet or they start to breed...
You could end up with a Mausin.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You're off to a great start! Resist the urge to "improve" you guns, and start to think about specializing or narrowing your focus. I started the same way at the same age, and found a few years in, that I had a lot of great pieces, but that my collection lacked focus. Good luck!
BeSwift

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Yeesh, we're doing good with indoctrinating the newbies. When I started out, in the first year and a half I only had a shotgun, M-39, M-91, Yugo SKS, SVT-40, and a chopped up No.4 Enfield.

I salute your agressive pursuit of shiny objects!

·
fuzzy little man peach
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great looking collection other than the Chargers blanket!!!
Well I guess we each have our flaws. By the yellow towel I can clearly see yours. :)

Don't leave them alone in the closet or they start to breed...
You could end up with a Mausin.
As long as it keeps the Mauser action I'm ok with that.

You're off to a great start! Resist the urge to "improve" you guns, and start to think about specializing or narrowing your focus. I started the same way at the same age, and found a few years in, that I had a lot of great pieces, but that my collection lacked focus. Good luck!
BeSwift
My focus is mainly on WWII bolt actions. There are a few others I would like to throw in there. Such as a Garand, a military carbine of my own, a 1897 Trench Gun, a Winchester Model 12 (nostalgic purposes), and an AR-15. The AR will have a fixed stock, permanently attached carry handle with peep sights, nothing fancy.

Great start. Wish I had actively gotten in this hobby/obsession far earlier in my life. That sportered Enfield leaves me feeling a bit queasy though, hehe.
The barrel was chopped long before my dad got a hold of it. It's still a godo shoter though.

If you meant the Mauser, I agree. It does leave something to be desired. I just can't make up my mind if I want to re barrel it and go with a full length stock. Or if I want to leave the matching barrel on and just find a proportional German stock that someone has already cut down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.