Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was telling a fellow collector tonight that I held onto the original tag and target that came with my SAR1 when I bought it new in 2000. He did not believe me so I dug it all out. Yes, I am a hoarder. Lol

FYI, that is not the original furniture. I have that put up. It now wears a Balkan war BFPU stock set I put on years ago.

Trigger Air gun Wood Art Line

·
Registered
237 Posts
My Romanian Cugir made SAR-1 didn't have a box or ANY paperwork. The store owner just had a bunch on a rack, & I picked a good one - not one hiccup in the 20 some years I've had it. I chose not to keep the original furniture & a few other pieces, in order to swap (& sell) for upgrades & the correct # of USA made bits to make up for Romanian right side Folding stock & etc. Mine had an annoying trigger slap - so one of the things weeded out was the original trigger for a better USA made trigger group. Also using a plastic USA upper & lower fore end & pistol grip. + MIL TECH peep sight kit that included rear recoil spring Tower & Dust cover.
Although I treasure & maintain my Sar-1 well - I'm not exactly a collector. At the time I bought it - I was a one rifle owner - a pre WWII Winchester 30-30 lever action. After my first trip to the range - I decided I didn't need the Winchester any longer.
Even with the Steel side folding stock - recoil was never painful - owing to the semi auto action - a real revelation.
Now that I am 76 I find the Zenit 4x24 lighted military scope with the 7.62x39 reticle to be a great help for my elderly eyes. A couple of years ago I purchased a Romanian Cugir Made 7.62x54R PSL Rifle & made a few improvements to it.
I really enjoy both of them - they are surprisingly accurate.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I liked my Sar1, and it was decently accurate at ~3MOA with modern commercial stuff. Mine had strange finish on the furniture that almost seemed like the shellac had glitter in it.

For that original target, were they shooting for a group (if so, at what distance) or were they just function testing it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine is 4MOA shooting from rice paddy prone, it pings 12X12 inch steel at 300 yards if I slow down a bit. Not bad for the 300 bucks I payed for it. I only wish it wasn't an Evil Russian Assault Machine Gun but just my dad's deer rifle.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I liked my Sar1, and it was decently accurate at ~3MOA with modern commercial stuff. Mine had strange finish on the furniture that almost seemed like the shellac had glitter in it.

For that original target, were they shooting for a group (if so, at what distance) or were they just function testing it?
No idea. Mine came in a box and that was in it. I just think it is funny that I held onto it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts