Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Can anyone tell me how to install a sling on my AK? It has a Tapco collapsible stock and I can't get the metal part through the slot. Oh, I guess you need to know it's an East German sling.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I take it you have the side folder?The pin can be driven out part or all the way and the sling can be placed into the recess,and the pin driven back over it.Take care to drive the pin back from the direction it was driven(IIRC from top to bottom) as this is plastic-that way the pin will set solidly when driving it back.You may have to press pretty hard on the sling in the recess if it is thick.It is really hard or impossible to get thicker wider slings to fit.Some of the nylon Eastern Euro slings are thicker and it bums me out as I like using these on all my ak/sks stuff.On one of my weapons I use para cord and tie it to a ring .I think the EG ones are thinner canvas so they should be ok.I have all plastic(including Tapco side folder) on my WASR and it is a "car gun".It has enough compliant parts where I can easily put on a Romanian metal folder-something to consider as they are much better.As the weapon is stored most of the time I prefer plastic.Hope this isn't too much info!

·
Silver Bullet member
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi El Karang,
Sorry for the confusion. I have the Tapco Telescoping stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts