Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking for several years for a 1940 dated Romanian Vz-24.Always missed the end of the auction or got out bid.There are always "Fair market Value" questions.I finally found one by accident on GB and thought it all thru.What was the max that I would pay? How much time do I spend? The Gas,The Shows,The bad food.The time.There is also I cost I have to pay for not buying one for 79.95-99.95 when they were all over the gunshows when they came in.Finally what to bid so I dont miss it by .50 or 1.00.It cost me 315.00 shipped.Typical Romanian,Counter bored,YR prefix Vz-24 stock renumbered to the action,Bolt is OR prefix like action,that was a plus.Has the locking screws still in the TG. Lower band screw is still the spanner type and not the slotted type.So it was more than what I think Vz-24s go for but now its hard to find any Vz-24s with crests,or matching ones so I ended up as the owner.Sadly I "Had" a King michael crest Vz-24 from the 1960s and sold it.Idiot!

Attachments

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Have to agree with you on the KM VZ. But, looking at what "marked" VZs are going for now, compared to just a year ago. I think you made a L-uva deal. Actually, Im a bit jealous that I missed this one.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one I missed on GB was a year ago and looked like a 1960s Import-It had no finish,didnt have the Romanian pre-fix-just a 5 digit Sn.Went for 155!! and Somehow I missed the end of the auction.39 and 38 are much more common dates.The Prices of Vz-24s with Crests or dates just keep going up.I still have a Carol crest-60s import again with no blueing left,like the Old Yugoslav surplus

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,190 Posts
$315 is not at all too much if you wanted a 1940 crest. It's strange how different collectors desire different things. I HAD TO HAVE a King Carol and a King Michael crest, but I'm not interested in the year crests. I feel like the year crests, although uncommon, were just left over NOS receivers that were thrown in to the Romanian contract. Generally I collect only one of a kind and I already have two Romanian VZ24 rifles with the two kings. That being said, I can still see how you would want to have the 1937, 1938, 1939, and 1940 year crested Romanians.

Regards,
Bill

·
Silver Bullet Member
498 Posts
Very nice example IMO. There's so much I need to learn about the Eastern European models.

What was the max that I would pay? How much time do I spend? The Gas,The Shows,The bad food.The time.
Don't feel bad, just use my mantra: I didn't pay too much, I just paid too soon.

Hey, it helps me sleep at night...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts