Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out at the range tonight, getting in some practice for a charity shoot in a couple of weeks when my Romanian Tokarev started acting up. Here's what happens:

After the last round is fired, the slide does not latch back. Instead, it tries to slide forward and gets stuck with about a half inch or so to go until it's closed. It won't lock back and I can't eject the magazine. I can't even pull it out if I hold the button down and tug really hard on it. If I pull the slide locking pin out just a bit, though, the action closes and the magazine pops right out. Then I can put the pin back in and lock it down with the little slider on the right side of the frame.

The kicker is that I have four magazines and it only does it with the original magazine with the lanyard loop on it. The other three are just fine. I feel pretty confident that it's a problem with the magazine interacting with the slide lock after the last shot, but when I compare the three magazines, I don't see anything that stands out as different between them (well, other than one has a lanyard loop and three don't).

Got any hints or suggestions?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
what it is is that your slide lock is slipping past your follower in your magazine, jamming the gun up. Its really a mag issue, not the gun. If you notice, the lip on the slide lock that hits the mag follower will be UNDER the mag follower, thus jamming the slide and not alowing the mag to fall free until you pull the slide stop out...

·
Silver Bullet member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha, that makes sense. So, do I need to tinker around with the follower until it engages the slide lock? It looks like it's just stamped metal - I wonder if bending it a bit to maneuver it into the right spot is all that I need to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts