Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know scope mounts are available for the narrower than usual scope rail on my Romanian, I just can't seem to remember where to get them. Anybody here know?

Seems there was a brand of pellet rifle mounts that some folks had good results with as well, but my memory is vacant of the info.

Thanks!!!!

·
Gold Bullet member
2,611 Posts
which is your romanian trainer, the one that looks like the Brno or the Cugir(similar to the prewar Geco)???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know anything about the Brno or the Cugir. All I do know is that the grooves are too narrow for the typical .22 scope mounts that are out there.

I'll try to post a pic in the next couple of days.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Another way of asking what Raul wants to know:

Is it the 5 shot trainer (M1969) or the earlier, single shot, heavy barrel trainer made by CUGIR.

SlimTim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the M1969, 5 shot trainer. The date on it, if I remember, is actually 1979.

Actually bought a second one from the 80's. Better bluing and finish on the wood, but yucky trigger. So I sold it and kept the first, older one. After I stripped the nasty orange lacquer (or was it shellac finish?) off, it really looks nice with a couple of coats of polyurethane. I'm not interested so much in collecting as I am in using it.

Small game and targets are it's enemy. So with that in mind I'd like to fit a small 3x or 4x scope on it.

So yeah, the 5 shot with the hard to find magazines. Most accurate rifle I own. Hope I never break down and sell it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If I recall correctly, Quik-site makes rings that workl for these. They make a see-thru ring that actually has the bottom open like a claw-type clamp where they can squeeze in and tighten up into the smaller groove opeing of the Romanian M69. You'll know what I mean when you see a picture of them. If I recall also, the scope will still be slightly offset to the left of top dead center. That doesn't affect anything other than it bugs people. If your a right-hand shooter, it will actually be better because it brings the scope closer to your face on the left side of the gun. Good luck

I did have another of ring that I made work also. I took a pair of the split rings (clamb shell) that Millet makes and I shaved a little off each side to make them squeeze tighter. You cant take too much off because they will squeeze too much on the tube of the scope then. What I did was took a little more off the bottoms and tapered the tops so they retained lose to the 1" tube, but squeezed more towards the grooves.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input! I'll look around for the kwiksite solution.

Happy shooting!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't buy those Romanian Trainer rings off of EPrey!

I use a pair of Burris Tip off 22 Zee rings on my Romainian Trainer. I crank them down as tight as I can and they work on the narrow grooves!

I had a pair of the EL Cheapo Kwik-Site rings for my Romanian Trainer. They work, but they are CHEEZY! :D
For the record, if anyone is interested, here is the Kwik-Site part # for the Romanian Trainer rings: KSN-TO22 1B

I offered those crappy Kwik Sites to a friend who needed some rings for his Romanian Trainer. He said, oh no. I will order the correct ones off of EGay, Well, he ended up with the exact same pair of rings that I offered him, only he paid $24 or $25 bucks for them!
I laughed so hard I think I cracked a rib! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts