Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concentrating on another area of my collection so will be selling this Century Arms Romanian SKS. What would be a fair asking price?
Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Romy stocks are Beech. This stock looks to be Elm... possibly to be from Yugoslavian M59. Any serials or stamps on the stock?

Is there a matching serial on the bolt, dust cover and the underside of the piston tube?

No cleaning rod? Cleaning kit?

All matching... $425-500 depending on condition

Mis-matched in a Romanian stock ...around $375-425 depending on conditon.

Replacement M59 stock: $350-400 depending on condition

Just my two cents worth.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,306 Posts
It looks like there may be a serial number, or its remnants, on the left side of the buttstock, which is correct for a Romanian. The Romanian font is much different than, and not stamped as deeply, as on the Yugoslavians. Looking at the bottom of the stock near the trigger guard and magazine, I see the ray fleck (fish-scaling) commonly seen in beechwood. The coarser grain that certainly looks similar to the Yugoslavian elm stocks is likely just the angle of the cut of the stock blanks. +2 to Boris and sksnut on the approximate value ranges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.