Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Romie SKS with all matching #'s and in really nice shape at a show i went to today. A straight $320 including tax. Should I have bitten?

·
Registered
61 Posts
You were smart to pass. That's a little on the high side. You can find nice Russians for that price or less. I gave about $225 for mine and its as nice as any Romanian I've seen.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well in my part of the country (SC Kansas) you just don't often come across anything more than Yugos or Norincos let alone anything thats looks really good. At the show today, which was somewhere around 950 tables, I saw 2 romies and 1 russian! If there were more i would have seen them, as i looked and looked. Theres a Russian at $505 on gunbroker right now but of course its got the box and all, but $505 really does seem high to me.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
FWIW a couple of years ago Century had a few Romys for sale @ 180-190 bucks IIRC. There weren't many and they went quick. The one I got was all matching (execpt stock which didn't fit the action properly) and in at least VG+ condition. Based on that and their continued relative rarity I don't think $250 is unreasonable for a nice matching example. I wouldn't pay any more than that though.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I paid $160 for my E++ Romanian, but that was at least five years ago, maybe more. So if the one you're looking at is in similarly superior condition, I'd say that it's a little high but within haggling range. About three years ago I saw one at a gun show for $225, and it wasn't mint by any means.

Of course, as you say, the part of the country you're in can be a factor, too.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
IIRC, I paid $165 for mine about five years ago. It had very little finish left, but the bore was excellent & the wood was nice. I passed over a bunch that looked like new, and selected this one. When the clerk told me I could have a much nicer looking one for the same price, I told him to look at the serial number. It was 666. He just smiled & did the paperwork.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,084 Posts
They're really price gouging on the Russian's right now and they're not really worth it since there are plenty out there to be had. The max I would go is $300. But people buy them and artificially inflate the price.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:rolleyes:Mosinmeister: If you know of anybody that has a nice Russian that theyd let go of for $300 let me know ASAP!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts