Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with the safety. It keeps moving when I shoot and makes the gun malfunction. In the first place, it doesn't even work! Everything else on the gun works perfectly, but the safety. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, how can I fix it or where can I buy the new part?
Thanks,

Beaker

·
Copper Bullet member
2,044 Posts
I've never heard of it. Mine's always worked fine.
Someone else here will have some insight.
Good luck.

·
Registered
616 Posts
pop the receiver cover and look at it while engaging the safety...it's not rocket science how it comes up and blocks the "innards" from moving.

you can remove it from the receiver completely and with a little bending you can make it so it rubs against the outside of the reciever like it should.

how bout a picture with the cover off for us?? maybe yours is broke / bent inside...

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Something to note; There are some safeties for PSLs, that are removable without taking the entire fire control group out. The one that I had that had to be returned due to the FA receiver recall, was one of these. It has a different slot cutout for disassembly. This is the safety assembly for an RPK light machinegun. They are a little sloppy when they get some wear to them. Yours may have the FA style safety installed. If so, replace it with a regular semi-auto style safety. It's not an RPK light machinegun, anyway and it would require the reamaining parts (disconnect, overide, FA sear, and all) and would cause you no endless amount of grief, if yours was to go FA. Especially if someone was around that called up The Man! hehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts