Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Romanian PSL from AIM a few weeks ago. I ordered an 8X42 POSP illuminated scope, Harris Bipods, and the RedStar Arms adjustable trigger. Put it all together before I even took it to the range sort of expecting a disappointment.
This gun is pretty accurate for what it is! I encountered them while serving in Iraq, and some of those guys were making pretty amazing shots with their PSL's so I figured I'd buy one. It's definitely not an M1A or an M-40, but hell, it puts rounds on target well enough, and since it's just a big AK, it functions like a dream. The "new" PSL's AIM is putting out are worth the money if you choose to get one, just remember that they are not precision sniper rifles, and due to the skinny ass barrel, rapid fire does not work too well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should post some pics if you can! I'd like to see that!
I just ordered a handguard and stock set from Rhineland Arms. They were out of the blonde furniture, so I got the walnut set. I haven't stained it yet, but I will def post a picture when I do!

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
How hard was the redstar trigger to install?
Did you have to do any of the "extra" grinding to make it fit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The RedStar trigger was a breeze! I am almost legally retarded when it comes to gunsmithing, and after watching a few videos on YouTube about AK47 trigger assemblies, it came together quite nicely. If I had to do it again though, I would have ordered the retainer clips from RedStar instead of reusing the shepard's crook retaining wire. That thing was a P.I.T.A. to get back in... The trigger is fully adjustable and the factory 4lb pull is better than any M-16/M-4/AR trigger I have ever come across. So worth the money.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
Beware, newer RSA triggers come with no locktite on the screws and a small tube in the package. Older ones already had locktite on them and required a little heat to break the screws loose. The ones without are very loose and the screws rapidly work out of adjustment. It takes considerable shooting to find the right settings you like before applying a very tiny dab of locktite with a small needle or pin. If the front screw works down too much, it will block release of the sear. If you fail to get the interrupter capture just right, it's a whole lot of fun but a bit of a surprise full auto! With the right settings, working in very fine 1/8 turn increments, you can dial it down to about 2lb with a very light single stage letoff. As I bench shoot mine, I like it feather light with very minimal travel.

·
Banned
7,240 Posts
I finally got my RSA trigger installed, but WITHOUT locktite..I wish they would have included a short form "cheat sheet" telling in simple terms which screw does what...
I also wish they would have mentioned to install the shepards crook before the trigger, rather than to instruct the trigger be installed THEN the hook...which seems to be reverse of the actual order...I had to remove the trigger to get the hook in place..
I guess I have to go back to square one and figure out which screw does what...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts