Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the romanian Buescu revolver , 12 mm caliber. It was used by romanian artillery units . It is a Chamelot Delvigne improved design, Belgium made.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a 12mm CF BP cartridge.I dont know what it worth, i did not seen others for sale.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,081 Posts
My congratulations are not only for owning a Col. Buescu revolver but also for knowing what it is!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the time the revolver was adopted by the romanian army, Vasile Buescu had the rank of artillery captain. The revolver was made by the belgian factory Lebeau Freres. Lebeau allready had patented an improvement of the Chamelot Delvigne design, wich was again modified by Captain Buescu.
The main characteristic of Buescu revolver,compared with Lebeau or Chamelot Delvigne designs, is that the revolver can be field stripped completelly without tools.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At the time the revolver was adopted by the romanian army, Vasile Buescu had the rank of artillery captain. The revolver was made by the belgian factory Lebeau Freres. Lebeau allready had patented an improvement of the Chamelot Delvigne design, wich was again modified by Captain Buescu.
The main characteristic of Buescu revolver,compared with Lebeau or Chamelot Delvigne designs, is that the revolver can be field stripped completelly without tools.
Lebeau revolver (the improvment was the horizontal rotating opening plate for stripping-)http://www.littlegun.be/arme belge/artisans identifies l/a lebeau freres fr.htm

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts
For the necromancers resurrecting a 10-yr old thread: :laugh:

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts