Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a recent post about the all matching minty Romanian M44's....where are they? Found one at the OGCA today...oh so close. Metal finish is really very good..nice blue. Wood has minor..small scrapes and few of them. It is 1954 dated and all numbers match..and all parts have the Romanian triangle tree..even the cleaning rod. The bore might have some minor frosting..or it could be dried cosmo....a cleaning will determine which it is. I remember the last batch of Romanians...found a couple that were decent and all matching..but the stocks were often flaking, nailed together, screwed together and covered with dings.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ted, it's difficult enough finding good stuff with you around and now you are tempting Coneten to visit? :rolleyes:

Just kidding...

Cone, that was my Romanian M44 find you are referring to I believe. I really should take some pics of that one.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I snagged it for $100....he was asking $135 and USMC Sean had already checked it out earlier. I am back to squarte one on the pic posting..will attemt later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts