Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Romanian Intrac II in 5.45x39 and it appears to not want to take any of the AK74 mags.

It took and would take the original 4 that I purchased with the rifle just prior to the California AWB taking effect in 2000, but it won't take any of the mags that work well in my other AK74 clones.

(no, I cannot find the original 4, they are somewhere in the garage and the moving men placed them somewhere).

Ideas? Can Ken fix this?

Thanks,

Russell

· Copper Bullet member
4,066 Posts
It might just be that the newer mags are a little too big for the older rifles or it could be that you just got a few dud magazines. I wouldn't think that the magwell bent, but there is the possibility that the latch managed to get bent or the spring managed to wear out after years of service (unlikely I know, but possible nonetheless).

· Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It might just be that the newer mags are a little too big for the older rifles or it could be that you just got a few dud magazines. I wouldn't think that the magwell bent, but there is the possibility that the latch managed to get bent or the spring managed to wear out after years of service (unlikely I know, but possible nonetheless).

Well I only put about 200 rounds down the barrel, it was new when I bought it, and the 4 mags I had all fed perfectly.

I suspect it is the latch. I'm not near the rifle now, won't be till next week.

· Registered
175 Posts
I have an Intrac II in 5.45 and while the latch can be a little stiff all my AK-74 mags fit. The orange ones (E.G.?), Polish and Bulgie. In fact I had Ken convert it to an AK-74 clone about three years or so ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.