Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Along with my taking a liking to the rarer or quirkier Mosins over the last couple years I wound up with three Instructie Mosins, an M91, M91/30, and M38. An M44 would round it out nicely. But I also have an Instructie marked Romanian SKS (I’ve posted about that previously). I like to think of those four rifles as a top level Instructie collection, if there is such a thing.

· Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,534 Posts
Wuz up John! Still shopping I see. (y)

Reactions: gunhorde

· Registered
638 Posts
What is the significance of the Instructie mark. Instructor? Thanks. Jeff
If I understand correctly Instructie marked guns were meant for second line troops. Some will say they were not and were not meant to be fired or are unsafe to fire but I believe that has been disputed. There are also Exercitiu marked rifles. I believe those were meant as training rifles and not meant to be fired. These are specific to Romanian used guns.

· Silver Bullet Member
3,410 Posts
Great find! I just have in instrucție M91.

It seems likely to me that they were both for training, as in use at basic training bases. They’re always in rather rough condition, with the exercițiu marked guns in generally rougher shape than the instrucție guns.

Perhaps:
—Instrucție (instruction) for instruction on disassembly, assembly, basic maintenance and perhaps firing instruction. Repetitive use but not too rough.
—Exercițiu (exercise) for instruction in field exercises on crawling, firing positions, squad maneuvering etc. where they really got beat up.

· Diamond Bullet Member
2,524 Posts
Nice find. To me the 44's marked that way were hard to find along with 98K. I had a 44 a couple of 91s, 91/30 and a Vz-24 along with the Romanian Rebuilds of 98K but sold them all to pay for concrete at the House after we moved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts