Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering about the romy handguard grip featured so nicely in the post on 20 round mags. Actually thats just a nice pic heavy coincidence.
Do you like them? Useful? Ugly and awkward?
Also how does the inane 922 r count stand on recent production models stand? Is there an overage of us parts placed on while assembled at century that would allow one to swap out handguards or is it an exact number so I'd be forced to find some part to change? Not sure what exactly, comp I guess as I see no us mark on it.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,322 Posts
If its the swept forward foregrip, its not useful except in full auto fire, supposed to allow you to keep the barrel down. I swapped most out for US grips as they make the rifles a little clumsy to carry and handle. My favorite forearm is the Tapco "Galil" type, just feels better.
If there's any doubt the easiest way to assure 922r compliance is to use US made mags, or add US followers and flooreplates to import mags.

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,105 Posts
I think prone in a sandbag or foxhole you cannot simply place the forend on the leading edge of the cover as the dong is in the way. But still do-able if the place it more to the rear. They do work as a grip and are easily swapped out. Gripping it with the index ginger poiinting forward or the fingers open and only the thimb wrapped on the vertical grip is a more natural pointing hold vs the baseball bat grip. Experimentation finds a good hold.
The grip does require some manipulation on extracting and inserting mags. It gets better with familiarity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.