Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy_P
Posted - 06/24/2007 : 10:08:19 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone please provide a link to a schematic and/or assembly/disassembly instructions for the Swedish Rolling Block M1867-74. Mine's the military model in 12.7x44R Centerfire.
My extractor popped out, but I should give it a good cleaning anyways.

Dutchman
Posted - 06/24/2007 : 9:20:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remove the two triggerguard screws on the lower left side of the receiver.

The triggerguard may have to be judicially persuaded but once removed the mainspring tension will be relieved.

Remove whatever means are present securing the two pivot pins on the left side of the receiver. Could be a single screw with a plate or two capture screws, one for each pin.

One, either the breechblock or hammer lifts out first.. I can't recall which it is right now. Simply lift each of them out the top of the receiver mortise.

On 1867 models the extractor is held in place with that screw on the left side of the receiver just outside of where the barrel is screwed into the receiver. Remove the screw and slide the extractor out.

That's it. Very simple.

Putting it back together requires 3 hands and half a dozen swear words the first time but it gets easier. I use a cheat tool.. an ice pick to hold the front guardscrew assembly in place while compressing the mainspring and starting the rear screw, then insert and tighten the front screw. That saves the 3rd hand and 4 of the six swear words.

Andy_P
Posted - 06/24/2007 : 9:41:57 PM

Excellent! Thank you.

One other thing. The firing pin is a non-retractor type and is partially seized. Am I to assume that I remove the screw on the side of the breechblock and I can then drive the firing pin out the rear?

Dutchman
Posted - 06/29/2007 : 12:28:02 PM
Yes... but using the word "drive" sounds rather harsh. Be gentle with the breechblock. It may just be rust/crud/fouling debris in there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts