Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one of their M4 Operator Models in the recent sale. Took it to the range this morning. Worth every penny! This gun shoots well, and with the exception of a minor elevation adjustment, was point of aim/point of impact at 100m. Highly recommend this weapon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got one of their M4 Operator Models in the recent sale. Took it to the range this morning. Worth every penny! This gun shoots well, and with the exception of a minor elevation adjustment, was point of aim/point of impact at 100m. Highly recommend this weapon.
Cool. I've hard mixed reviews about RRA, but I'll have to look at it. My AR is getting old and just doesn't have that "new car" smell to it anymore. I've been looking for one. The boys from Stag throw a good pitch on TV and magazine articles, but I'll look at this one.

Thanks.

Bass

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,122 Posts
Mixed reviews about Rock River? What? If by "mixed" you mean "some people loves theirs, while others absolutely adore theirs" then I would agree. But if you've heard anything bad about RRA then I would say you need to check your sources. :)

I got my Entry Tactical from Rock River about 5 years ago and it's as nice as any other AR I've ever seen (for the price - no fair compariing it to some über hightech match rifle!) and the more recent ones from RRA look, feel, and shoot just as nice (I have a few friends who have gotten their RRAs in the last 4-6 months).

Can't go wrong with a Rock River, that's fo' sho'.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't take offense here, Greg. I'm glad you got a good one and I'm sure most are. Listening to a close friend who is a local LEO and goes to a lot of training courses where officers often bring their own carbines, he's seen some bretty bad failures from RRA ARs. He's not an AR snob at all, so I doubt he's one to be bias.

It's like any other reputable maker: Colt had some bolts sheer after a relatively "low" number of rounds for a while. Bushmaster had a run or two of non-concentric bores. Even though we're talking ARs here, I personally know two guys who had to send a Springfield Armory M1A back because the chambers weren't reamed very well and casings hung up.

I'm not saying RRA is garbage, 'cause I've eyeballed them a few times and thought about getting one.

All I'm saying... well, is exactly what I've said. "I've h[e]ard mixed reviews..."

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,122 Posts
Don't take offense here, Greg...

All I'm saying... well, is exactly what I've said. "I've h[e]ard mixed reviews..."
No offense taken at all. I suppose you could say the same thing about any manufacturer of any weapon - nothing's perfect 100% of the time, construction processes aren't always fool-proof, people make mistakes, etc. You name a manufacturer and I'm sure someone could tell you about a problem they (or someone they know) had with that maker's weapon.

I tend to look at the totality of what a maker has done in order to better gauge that manufacturer's reputation in general. Part of that will also take into account the fact that problems can and will happen, so how does the manufacturer handle it? (Customer service and things like that.)

In terms of products and service, Rock River has a pretty solid reputation. That doesn't mean that a problem won't be encountered - just as you mentioned with Colt and Bushmaster - but overall I'd be perfectly comfortable recommending Rock River to anyone who was asking.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

·
Silver Bullet member
52,964 Posts
just bought one on repertation alone.
have bushmaster 24 inch varmiter 24 in. barrel , havent shot the rock car 16 incher yet.<><dk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts