Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this web site and my computer skills are lacking as well as my knowledge of firearms so please bare with me. My father left me this rifle when he passed on and it has been sitting in my closet for some years now. I recently allowed a friend of mine ( who is far more knowledgable about weapons than myself ) to view it. He commented that it could be a valuable collectors item and that it was in excellent condition compared to what he has seen on various web sites.
If anyone could give me any history about this rifle and what it could worth i would appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Gold Bullet member
72 Posts
Since they only produced 228,500 rifles from Rock-ola, you have one of the rarest..don't let it out of your sight. Info is available through the internet, various books. War Baby by Ruth is very good. Here's one site for purchase: http://www.scott-duff.com.

Depending on condition and originality, you may have one pushing over $1,000+. If you can post pics the membership will give you a good idea of value. Seems there has been another enhancement to the forums so I hope this gets posted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
it could be a 1000- 2000 dollar baby! or a 700 dollar one or if mint early 3000--you need to post serial range and lot of detail

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank everyone for your input. Also have 2 original short clips and 2 long clips. Short clips are in original US carrying pouch. Long clips are loaded with what i assume to be original ammo. The serial number is in the 4617xxx range. There also is an etched number on top of where the spent casings are ejected in the 4896xxx range. Have taken some pics but seem to be having a problem uploading them. Soon as i get it figured out i'll get them posted.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
Thank everyone for your input. Also have 2 original short clips and 2 long clips. Short clips are in original US carrying pouch. Long clips are loaded with what i assume to be original ammo. The serial number is in the 4617xxx range. There also is an etched number on top of where the spent casings are ejected in the 4896xxx range. Have taken some pics but seem to be having a problem uploading them. Soon as i get it figured out i'll get them posted.
I'm not too up on Carbines, but with an etched number and not matching, sounds like the bolt has been changed out....look closely for an import mark. It could be very, very light on the left or right receiver rail. Long magazines were used with the M2 full auto carbines and not issued to M1's. Just my .02 worth...and WELCOME to GUNBOARDS...

p.s. I have a Quality Hardware M1 with a Rockola barrel dated 4/43....that my Dad bought in 1966. He loved that little rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts