Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a .45 automatic and one of my co-workers has a Rock Island manufactured one and he seems to like it a lot or so he says,,,I asked him if he had any problems with it and he said it has never jammed with him and he has fired it a good bit,,,anyone else know anything about this brand .45? SEMPER FI

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
I have three of them and am pleased with all of them. I have the standard 1911A1, the Commander and the Compact. I have never had an FTF and for the money...they're tough to beat. My Son-in-law picked up a trade-in from a friend that owns a gunshop for $250 plus tax and NICS....and has shot his a lot more than I have without any FTF's.....

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
the rock island and the charles dalys are the same guns ,,and i have had no problems with either all i have had came in tight and no rattles

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,380 Posts
I saw one of the Rock Island 1911A1's in a shop yesterday. It looked and handled well. I think the price was in the low $500's

·
Registered
78 Posts
I saw one of the Rock Island 1911A1's in a shop yesterday. It looked and handled well. I think the price was in the low $500's
That's too much. SOG, Centerfire, and Sarco has them for about $340. I just bought one and it was a little over $400 with fees and stuff.

They're good .45s for the price.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
the rock island and the charles dalys are the same guns ,,and i have had no problems with either all i have had came in tight and no rattles
Not exactly. For a while (year, two years) Charles Daly sold Israeli made 1911: http://www.bultransmark.com/index2.htm

So, when you see CD 1911, you need to look it up carefully. It might be current Philippines made pistol or it might not.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Copper Bullet member
5,393 Posts
Nothing but good things to say those guns from my experience.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Have had several of these ,they are great shooters with no problems in my experience.
The only one I would rate a little better are the Norinco copies. However they are not
on the market any more .

·
Registered
583 Posts
bought one of the tactical mods last winter. paid just over 400. was going to buy one of the basic models but realized i would spend more than 100 in time and money upgrading it. the basic mods were 300. well worth the $$$s; kimber and springfield are nice but just too overpriced. my RIA shoots nice small groups also.

·
Gold Bullet member
217 Posts

wow, thats a little much. i wouldnt pay over $350 for that. i can get a hi-standard GI 1911 (similar to rock island, another armscorp made 1911) from a local dealer here outside Buffalo ny for $330.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
I wish you luck.

Me, too.....I saw a Hi-Standard at the last gunshow here in K-town and the guy wanted $600 for it....

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I bought a couple of them when they were on special for $300.00 awhile back ended up getting consecutive serial number guns. They are good quality pistols and are very reliable. They've been creeping up in price with all the good reviews they are getting.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
A friend bought one in .45 ACP and one in .38 Super. He is happy with both of them. If I wasn't ".45 poor", a Rock Island would be my choice for value (based on quality materials and workmanship, performance, and price) in today's market. DDR

·
Registered
2 Posts
I paid around $300 for the Rock Island. It is a HUGE improvement over my Springfield mil spec! Everybody seems to love SA, but mine's a POS and have regretted it since day one. Sent it back to the factory once and had it to a gunsmith several times since then. It's a worthless money pit. My Rock Island, on the other hand is sweeeet! It eats any ammo I can load in it, is robust, tight, and reliable. Money spent on Rock Island is much wiser than money burned with a Springfield Armory mil spec, IMHO.
- MPF

·
Gold Bullet member
592 Posts
OTT, My buddie just got one of SA's lower grade 45's today. Don't know the name (all black & around $500 bucks) but what a POS. Headspacing is way off(unfirable), barrel fit is horrible, magazine fit is different on each of the three mags, slide to frame has serious wobble. I like SA, but there wasn't one thing done right. It honestly looked like sabotage!!! BEWARE

·
Registered
353 Posts
Paid about $310 2 years ago. Runs purrfect. Only
change was to add double diamond walnuts. The Parked
1911 A1 model.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts