Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I have been thinking about the ROMAKS 3 PSL accurate comparing to the real SVD.

Did any of you guys have any idea ?

Is the ROMAK 3 PSL as accurate as the real SVD?

Let’s talk about it …..

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've had both. My SVD wasn't a Tigr and it wasn't anymorte accurate than any of the PSL's that I've owned. I kept the 1st PSL as she's the oldest lookin', and have since made gifts of the rest. The SVD? I sold it 'cause I couldn't see keeping $7000 worth of rifle when I could use that to restore my FLH. I did a magic trick and turned the SVD into Shovelhead parts.

It's about like the diff between machuned and stamped AK's. The SVD is a totally diff design, but built with the same specs in mind, as IJ said. They only appear similiar

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I too agree that the majority of the time it is who is behind the trigger and not so much the gun. That being said there are a few things going for the SVD that are better than a PSL first off heavier barrel, better gas system, better quality bolt and carrier. better factory trigger, milled reciever, and milled sight rail that is part of the reciever not riveted on, overall better quality and materials. They may have been designed to do the same job but they are far from made to the same specifications.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
We didn't mean specifications, I should have said, same requirements. Specifications being the same would have made them identical with the exception of quailty of manufacture. They are actually completely different weapons. Different designs, different in all aspects, except for caliber and purpose. Example: the SVD has a contained fire control group. It can be removed intact. It's similiar to the H&K, in that respect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts